Frequently Asked Questions
To clean your board or platter, simply wipe it with a wet sponge and a little bit of detergent, rinse and allow to dry at room temperature. After cleaning, if the wood looks lackluster you can re-oil the surface with either a little olive oil or tung oil, which is pure, natural, food-friendly oil.
Do not immerse in water. Please note the products are not dishwasher proof.
Your Bruun Design product is built to last. With a little care, it will be with you for a lifetime. Every month or so give your wooden chopping boards and platters a spa treatment. You’ll need a few simple kitchen ingredients (lemon and salt) and a bit of elbow grease. Just follow these step-by-step instructions.
- Sprinkle the board with coarse salt.
- Using a lemon half with the cut side down, scour the surface, squeezing slightly to release the lemon juice as you go.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes, and then scrape the gray, dirty liquid into a small bowl using a scraper, and discard.
- Give the surface a final rinse with a clean wet sponge.
- Re-oil the surface with either a little olive oil or tung oil, which is pure, natural, food-friendly oil.
We only buy wood from local suppliers who source from well-managed British and European forests, this reduces the carbon footprint and ensure that local woodlands are valued and maintained for future generations.